Terms & Conditions
Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited Terms & Conditions Terms and Conditions of Use of Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited’s Internet Web Site.This website is owned and maintained by EIGER FOREIGN EXCHANGE LIMITED, publisher and issuer of the website www.eigerfx.co.uk (the “website”). The services and information on this website are provided for Clients or prospective Clients of EIGER FOREIGN EXCHANGE LIMITED. By using this website you agree to accept and be legally bound by these terms and conditions which you should read carefully. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
For the purposes of the above, a “Client” means a person who has been approved by Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited. In addition, the services and information on this website (the “Material”) may be restricted or subject to additional requirements in certain jurisdictions as noted below:
United Kingdom and European Economic Area
The Material is prepared and distributed in the United Kingdom and the rest of the European Economic Area by Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited.
Neither this website nor any information contained in it constitutes or forms part of any offer or invitation to offer or any solicitation to offer any financial products or securities nor an investment advisory service by Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited. Any information contained in this website is for reference only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any other jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member of Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction. No reliance may be placed for any purpose whatsoever on the information contained in this document/website or its completeness. Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited does not conduct, nor holds itself out as conducting a business in investment advisory or dealing services, nor any other regulated activity.
The parties hereby:
(i) confirm that they have read and understood the content and consequences of the Terms and Conditions hereunder and have no objection to having it only in an English language version;
(ii) undertake (a) to have a version of the Terms and Conditions hereunder in the Indonesian language and such version will be deemed to be effective as of the date of the English language version of the Terms and Conditions hereunder and (b) not to claim or file any legal proceedings with regard to the validity, binding nature or enforceability of the Terms and Conditions hereunder;
(iii) waive, to the extent permitted by the applicable laws, the requirement to have the Terms and Conditions hereunder in any language other than English and agree that the execution of the Terms and Conditions hereunder only in an English version will not affect the validity, binding effect or enforceability of the Terms and Conditions hereunder; and
(iv) agree that if the Terms and Conditions hereunder is made in a version in any language other than English, the English version shall, to the extent permitted by applicable law, prevail in the event of any conflict between them.
Use of website
- The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and informational purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member of Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. It is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person that is not a Client and should not be forwarded to third parties. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by the Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited for personal use and for informational purposes only.
- This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information which is relevant to information on this website. You will be referred on certain site pages to read pages containing important details and relevant legal or regulatory information and this should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages. Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited makes no representations that materials on this website are appropriate for use in all locations or that transactions, securities, products, instruments or services discussed on this website are available or appropriate for sale or use in all jurisdictions, or by all investors or counterparties. Users of this site may not necessarily be able to deal directly with Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited. Those who access this site do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations.
Exclusion of liability
- These ‘Exclusion of Liability’ provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the ‘Exclusion of Liability’ clauses shall attempt to exclude liability to the extent that such limitation is not permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- In respect Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited, nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
- While we have taken reasonable steps to ensure reliability of the content of the website, we do not make any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials is accurate, available or complete or that the content or materials are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you must do so in compliance with applicable local laws.
- We accept no liability (including without limitation) in either law, equity, contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of or in connection with the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website) or if the website is unavailable, and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
loss of goodwill or reputation;
special, incidental, consequential loss or damage,
suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this website and these terms and conditions. At times, you may have difficulty accessing the website due to high Internet traffic or because of system’s capacity limitations. We do not represent or warrant that access to the website will be uninterrupted. We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with this site.
- Access to and use of this website is at the user’s own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
- To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited, and whose contents Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited has no power to alter) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website, we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources. Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited may suspend or terminate a hyperlink due to mechanical or technical difficulties or similar problems.
- The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.
Your information comprises all the details we hold about you and your transactions, and includes information obtained from third parties.
We may use and share your information to help us:
assess financial and insurance risks.
prevent and detect crime.
understand and service our customers’ requirements.
develop and test products and services.
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited except:
where we have your permission.
where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other companies that provide a service to us or you. Where we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement.
We may transfer your information to other countries on the basis that anyone to whom we pass it provides, in our sole discretion, an adequate level of protection. Such information may be accessed by law enforcement agencies and other authorities to prevent and detect crime and comply with legal obligations.
From time to time we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we shall write to you. If you do not object to the change within 60 days, you consent to that change.
If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to: Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited, 22 Calvin Street, London, E1 6HF. A fee may be payable.
- © Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited.
- The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment, legal, tax, accounting, professional or other advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the making of a personal recommendation, offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. None of Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited are acting as an advisor or fiduciary in any respect in connection with providing this information and no information or material on this website is to be relied upon for the purpose of making or communicating investment or other decisions nor construed as either projections or predictions, in each case, without independently verifying the same. Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited transacts business with counterparties on an arm’s length basis and on the basis that each counterparty is sophisticated and capable of independently evaluating the merits and risks of each transaction and that counterparty is making an independent decision regarding any transaction. Investors must make their own independent decisions regarding any securities, financial instruments or strategies mentioned herein.
- The contents of this website have not been prepared with any specific investment objective, financial situation or particular need of any specific recipient in mind, and the contents are not intended as recommendations of particular securities, financial instruments or strategies to particular investors. Securities, financial instruments or strategies discussed herein may not be suitable for all investors. The contents are published solely for information purposes and are not to be construed as a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments. Information, estimates, assumptions, and/or opinion expressed within this website is subject to change without notice and may differ or be contrary to opinions expressed by other business areas as a result of different assumptions and criteria. Eiger Foreign exchange Limited assumes no obligation to update or keep such material current or to notify you when or whether the material has changed. Changes to assumptions made in the preparation of such materials may have a material impact on returns. You are reminded that the contents of this website should not be relied upon as up to date or current and should not be used in substitution for the exercise of independent judgement. You should read and consider carefully any disclosures or disclaimers made within this website.
- Any opinions constitute our judgement as of the date indicated and nothing contained in this website constitutes investment advice or an assurance or guarantee as to the expected outcome of any strategy. Past performance is not indicative of future results. You agree that you will not rely upon such opinions as investment advice or an assurance or guarantee as to the expected outcome of any strategy and that you will take all steps you deem necessary, including obtaining independent professional advice, to arrive at your independent opinion of any proposed strategy and your decision whether or not to proceed. Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited or connected companies, their clients and officers, may have a position or engage in transactions in any of the instruments mentioned.
- Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The company is entered in the FCA’s Register and its Register number is. The FCA’s Register can be accessed at www.fca.gov.uk/register/. The Bank’s registered VAT number is GB 243852752.
- Transactions executed electronically with Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited shall be in the English language and shall be recorded by Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited. Confirmations of transactions shall be sent by Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited by post, fax or electronic means. You agree that regulations 9 and 11 of the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 shall not apply to the entry into financial markets transactions with Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited by electronic means.
- Any prices and/or quotes for transactions provided by Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited do not include any applicable tax or delivery charges, unless stated to the contrary. Transactions executed with Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited are not FDIC Insured, are not guaranteed by Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited, and may lose value.
- We may be contacted by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to website
21 The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are current as of the date indicated and are subject to change by us without notification.
- Calls may be recorded, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domains. Monitoring includes checks for, but not limited to; viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content which is unauthorised as being in breach of the Group Dignity at Work and Information Security policies.
United States Residents
- No Offer of Securities – Restricted Dealing; the information on this website is not an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities or securities related financial services in the United States. The currency options, foreign exchange and other financial products made available by Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited on this website do not constitute ‘securities’ as that term is defined under U.S. federal securities laws, and the rules, regulations and interpretations thereunder, and are not subject to regulation as such in the United States.
- Research Not a Recommendation to Buy or Sell; you understand and acknowledge that neither Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited nor any affiliate or employees has provided any advice concerning the nature, value or suitability of any particular financial product, transaction, investment strategy, portfolio or other matter. You understand that the research and other materials provided in this website are for information purposes only, and any reference to a specific financial product or service contained therein does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell. You acknowledge that any investment is based solely on your own evaluation of your investment objectives and financial condition.
- Internet Site not an Exchange or ATS; neither this website nor any of the services or facilities provided by RBSGBM in connection with this website constitutes an ‘exchange’ or ‘alternative trading system’ (ATS) as those terms are defined in the U.S. federal securities laws, and the rules regulations and interpretations thereunder, and neither RBSGBM nor this website is subject to regulation as an exchange or ATS in the United States.
Other Important Information concerning RBS listed securities
- This website contains certain ‘forward looking statements’ as that term is defined in the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, such as statements that include the words ‘expect’, ‘estimate’, ‘project’, ‘anticipate’, ‘should’, ‘intend’, ‘plan’, ‘probability’, ‘risk’, ‘Value-at-Risk (‘VAR’)’, ‘target’, ‘goal’, ‘objective’, ‘will’, ‘endeavour’, ‘outlook’, ‘optimistic’, ‘prospects’ and similar expressions or variations on such expressions.
- Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those estimated by the forward-looking statements contained in this website include, but are not limited to, general economic conditions in the UK and in other countries in which the RBS Group has significant business activities or investments, including in the United States; the monetary and interest rate policies of the Bank of England, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and other G-8 central banks; unanticipated turbulence in interest rates, foreign currency exchange rates, commodity prices or equity prices; changes in UK or foreign laws, regulations or taxes; changes in competition or pricing environments; natural and other disasters; the inability to hedge certain risks economically; the adequacy of loss reserves; acquisitions or restructurings; technology changes; changes in consumer spending and saving habits; and the success of the RBS Group in managing the risks involved in the foregoing. The risks and uncertainties are discussed in the RBS Group’s SEC filings. The forward-looking statements contained in this website speak only as of the date of the related document, and the RBS Group does not undertake to update any forward looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.
- The information contained in this website is subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, all other publicly available information, including, where relevant any fuller disclosure document published by RBS. Any person at any time acquiring the securities on the basis of information contained in this website must do so only on the basis of such person’s own judgment as to the merits of the suitability of the securities for its purposes and only on such information as is contained in such public information, having taken all such professional or other advice as it considers necessary or appropriate in the circumstances and not in reliance on the information contained herein. This information is not tailored for any particular investor and does not constitute individual investment advice.
- Information in this website relating to the price at which investments have been bought or sold in the past or the yield on investments cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance.
- The financial information published or to be published on this website, or made available or to be made available through this website, such as annual reports and quarterly reports, is compiled and placed on this website with the great care. Nevertheless, only the original hard-copy English versions of this information shall be regarded as the original version. No rights may be derived from financial information published or to be published on this website, or available or to be made available through this website, including with regard to its accuracy and completeness.
- In addition, it should be noted that the annual report and accounts of the RBS Group which may be published on this website or made available through this website, may be subject to adoption by the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of the RBS Group for the year to which the report and accounts relate.
Additional Information for United Kingdom Users
- For RBS, NWB and RBS NV Clients, if you are not satisfied with any of RBS’ products or services we have a complaint handling procedure that you can use to resolve such matters.
- In the event any provision of these terms and conditions of use and access of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes the closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. However, for users provided access to this website by RBS Securities Inc. any dispute regarding this website shall be subject the laws of the State of New York, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of U.S. federal court for the Southern District of New York.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
- National Westminster Bank Plc, Registered in England No 929027, Registered Office: 135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR
- Royal Bank of Scotland N.V., Registered in the Netherlands No 33002587, Registered Office: Gustav Mahlerlaan 10, 1082 PP, Amsterdam
Use of Chat on Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited
- Where you have been approved for access to the Eiger Foreign Exchange Limited Chat service (the ‘Service’ which term shall include any software comprised therein), the following shall apply to your use of the Service and all messages posted by you on the Service.
The Service is intended to provide a real time communication channel for discussion of matters relating to financial markets between you and us and is licensed to you on a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable basis for your own internal business use only and is not to be used by you for any other purpose or with or for any third party, whether in whole or in part. You must not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, make any attempt to discover the source code of any software comprised in the Service, or create derivative works based on same, except as permitted by law. You must not sublicense, assign or transfer the license created hereby, or rent, lease or provide access to any portion of any software comprised in the Service to others. You agree that all intellectual property rights in software comprised in the Service are and remain the property of RBSGBM and/or its licensors as the case may be. The Service must not be used for trading purposes nor to transmit any message or attachment thereto which you know to be untrue or misleading, or which is unlawful, abusive (in any manner), libellous or otherwise would be viewed by a reasonable person as being objectionable in any way. Where you send any file or attachment using the Service you shall ensure that it is free from any computer virus that may damage or hinder RBSGBM’s systems.
You acknowledge that we may remove any message that you place using the Service or suspend or terminate your use thereof and any license created hereby, where we deem such action to be necessary in our absolute discretion.
Your use of the Service shall be subject to your compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory restrictions. We may from time to time impose restrictions on your use of the Service, including but not limited to, the number of messages, size of message and/or any attachments you may post using the Service, the hours and frequency of availability of the Service, and the duration for which messages posted using the Service may be viewed.
We may also retain and preserve messages and information posted by you on the Service for our own use as we deem necessary and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. We may be obliged to disclose such information where required by applicable law or regulation or where necessary in order to protect RBSGBM. We shall not be liable to you for any failure, defect or unavailability of the Service including the loss or deletion of any message or attachment posted by you or us using the Service.
Give us a call
One of our currency specialists would be delighted to talk to you on
0207 426 5833