How do I open an account?
Just get in touch with us via any of the 4 following methods and we will get back to you shortly:
1. Call our dealing desk on 0207 426 1495
2. Send an email to email@example.com
3. Fill out our enquiry form.
The account opening process is smooth and quick. Once we have completed our compliance checks, we will send you a confirmation email informing you that your account has been activated. Once your account is open, you will be able to get quotes from your dealer or our online system and book your currency transactions.
Why is there a need to open an account?
As a regulated financial company the FCA require us, by law, to ‘Know Our Client’. This is primarily to ensure that strict anti-money laundering procedures are adhered to. What’s more, it gives our clients the peace of mind that they are using a business they can trust, with the highest standards of compliance and integrity.
What do you do with my personal data?
Your details are kept in a secure database, logged against your unique client number. It is important that you are aware that your details have to be checked when you initially register with us to ensure that you or your business are who you say you are. However, at no point will Eiger FX ever pass on or sell your data to any third parties for the purpose of commercial benefit.
Do you apply any payment charges to transactions and are there any minimum transfer amounts ?
Unless otherwise expressly stated by your dealer before you enter into a transaction we do not apply any payment charges. If you are making payments to multiple beneficiaries from one transaction or if the volume of the transaction is under £10,000 then we may apply a payment charge of no more than £10 – but this will be expressly stated by us before any transaction is entered in to.
For all forward contracts – the first five drawdowns incur no payment charge and thereafter a £7 payment charge applies.
Our minimum transfer amount it £3,000 or sterling equivalent.
How do I make a trade?
You can either ring or email your dealer and they will provide you with a quote. If you are happy to proceed we will then book your transaction live in the market and send out a deal confirmation via email for your records. The next step is simply to make the required payment to our segregated client account – the details of which will be on the emailed deal confirmation. Once we have received cleared funds we will then make onward payment. Alternatively, this whole process can be done via our online system.
How do you calculate my quote?
We get our pricing direct from our partner banks and liquidity providers. We pass this extremely competitive pricing onto our clients with a small mark up much like any other wholesale business.
How safe is Eiger FX?
1. Regulation – We are a fully Authorised Payments Institution. This means that our processes and procedures are extensively regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and HMRC.
2. Company Structure – Eiger FX has zero debt or borrowings and is 100% owned by Management. Consequently, we do not have any outside investors or liabilities to satisfy with immediate, short-term profits. This allows us to grow sustainably, without the need to cut corners or overcharge our customers.
3. Reputation – Eiger FX, as part of the Eiger Group, has been operating successfully in the UK financial markets for over 12 years. Maintaining our reputation is of the utmost importance to us. The foreign exchange industry is notorious for its deceptive marketing and pushy sales techniques. That is the opposite of what we are about.
How long does it take to process my payment?
Eiger FX utilises the fastest payment methods available for all of its payments. These are called SWIFT payments. This means that currencies are paid out as soon as they are available in the market, which is often the same day or next day. Most FX brokers do not utilise this payment system because it costs more, preferring instead to pay their client’s funds via slower channels. In addition, we do no stick rigidly to payment runs. We get your funds to where they are supposed to be quickly and efficiently.
I’m still not sure? How do I find out more?
Feel free at any time to send us an email or give us a call. We would be delighted to talk to you.
Give us a call
One of our currency specialists would be delighted to talk to you on
+44 (0) 207 426 1495